Monday, November 27, 2006

Dipping Bird

Remember these birds? I am a nostalgic person. Things that remind me of my childhood I just love. I have been trying to find these birds but hadn't had any luck. So I turned to the web and I found them. These dipping birds are the coolest.
Sunday I went out with my mom and sisters. Went to a place called Waterloo. It was a gift shop/garden shop. I found a bubble light that was a night light that had Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer on it. Every Christmas time for as long as I can remember they have Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on t.v. It's such a cheesy movie but it brings warm memories with it. Anyway mom bought me the night light. It's now illuminating the bathroom quite nicely. Thanks mom!
Other things I like are the old lunch boxes we used to use with the thermoses in them as well as the old book bags that hung on your one shoulder. I love the Dick and Jane books too.
For my first three years of school. I went to a one room school house in Gordonville. We used to have to use out houses for bathrooms. I don't love or miss those.

4 comments:

Geoff and Karla said...

I always thought the birds were neat too. Especially because we never had one only our friends had them.
So are you getting one. If so I will come over and have that old nastagic feeling.
bye, bye
Karla

Anonymous said...

So what era were these dipping birds from? They only seem slightly familiar so I'm sure I did not have one. How about those lava lamps? My Grandma was so cool; she got one when only young kids had them! She also borrowed my long cardigan sweaters (the kind with the belt that are coming back but I looked a lot better in them the first time around) when I was 15 or 16. So thanks for the walk down memory lane even if I didn't have the crazy looking bird. Gina

Julie Garner said...

This made me laugh! I have seen the dipping birds, yes...but the best comment was at the end. After talking with fondness of your childhood things you didn't miss the outhouses! I laughed out loud!!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

hey auntie carol, i had the girls down at moms last night and they loved the night light; rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Moms house looks so festive. You'll have to stop in. Love ya, Tracy