Monday, November 06, 2006

Edwin's Birthday


Today the kids had off from school. It was nice we could all be together to do some running around for Edwin. We got a few gifts and I made my man some steak. I don't usually buy steak because honestly it's expensive and I never feel like I can do it justice. It's not usually nice and juicy like in a resturant and guess what today was no exception. It was alright though it wasn't to bad. If anyone has any tips for making steak let me know. Everyone seemed to appreciate the steak though. So here's a picture of Edwin with Bri breaking in one of his gifts. A back massager. He does look like he's enjoying doesn't he? I think we'll all be wanting many turns with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Edwin. You look like
you are on cloud nine. Bring that thing along on Friday night and we all can use it while we watch Nachooooooo.
Glad you were able to spend the day
together.
The other Carol

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Edwin!

Lucky duck...getting a back massager!

I have no tips on cooking steaks. I think it is about the marinading though. Check with Rachael Ray...she's got the tips for all your cooking needs. Love that woman! Do you ever watch her show?

I'll update my blog again sometime soon...life's been a little crazy in the Garner home lately! :)

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the steak thing. Money is better spent having someone else cook it, but....having said that... occasionally, if we see some on sale in the summer, we get it and marinade it as Julie said, and then cook it on the grill. Rare is better. More juicy. And it's better for you I think - something about the antioxidants?? Rare burger is a no no, but rare steak is good.
Love, Gina
PS: How can we get invited to movie night? It's beginning to sound like a lot of fun.