Saturday, November 25, 2006

more ham

I decided to look up this ham bone song on the web. I have no idea how I came to sing that song every time the word ham is mentioned. But it always pops in my head. Anyway found some stuff about it and turns out that it's not ham bone but instead it's hambone all one word and it's a dance. It's a style of dance that involves stomping as well as slapping and patting the arms, legs, chest, and cheeks. It is related to Clogging and the Jig. Apparently you say these lyrics to this hambone beat. Here's some of the words.

Hambone, Hambone
where you been?
"Round the corner
And back agin"
Hambone Hambone,
where's your wife?
"In the kitchen cookin rice!"

So there ya have it. Now have you ever heard? "Moons over my hammy" That's a breakfast you can order at Denny's. =) Okay no more about ham.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol
If I ever get on Who Wants to be a
Millionaire I am definitely calling you for one of my life lines. You
girl are full of wonderful knowledge.
Get that hambone out of my face!
The other Carol

Anonymous said...

We will expect a demonstration of the "hambone" dance next time we see you. I've heard that song but never knew what it meant either. That ham Edwin's brother cooked looks mighty good. Gina

Unknown said...

LOL! The other Carol made me laugh with
"Get that hambone outta my face!"

You guys are too much...

LauraJoy said...

CJ-
it's funny that you had a random thought about "Moons over MyHammy". that's my fave breakfast at Denny's, but it's a little embarassing to order it. Yumm-O!:)
~LJ