Saturday, December 15, 2007

Mrs. Phoebe Mellinger

This past week my forever friends mother passed on to be with her Savior. I don't have any pictures of Phoebe so I posted a pic of Joanne and Eric. Phoebe was one of the sweetest and kindest people I've ever had the priveledge of knowing. If you were at the memorial service you heard many wonderful things about her and I can attest to knowing first hand that what was spoken was the truth. Phoebe would have been embarrassed probably by her family and her dear friends glowing testimonies of her because she was a humble woman. What is a blessing to me is that Mrs. Mellingers many wonderful attributes are alive and well within Joanne. Joanne is so much like her mom. Mrs. Mellinger definitely passed on her graciousness, kindness, enjoyment in simple pleasures, greatfulness, faith, hope, trust, peacefulness, and her assurance in her Savior on to Joanne. What a wonderful heritage. Your mom will be missed very much by so many many people. I pray God's grace to you my friend over your tremendous loss.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

I completely agree with your assessment of Joanne and her mother. I did not have the privilege of knowing her mother, or your father, Carol, but you are both blessed (as am I and many others of our friends) for the wonderful parents that we have. We have much to thank God for, don't we?

Love, Gina

Anonymous said...

Awww, that was so nice of you to mention my mother like that. Thanks for the kind words about me as well. I am grateful that she was my mom, that's for sure.

As you can see, I got on your blog!!! I don't know what was different... I just thought I'd try one more time to be sure I couldn't get on and it worked. =)

Love Ya'
Joanne