Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Day

Christmas morning woke up around 8. I made baked oatmeal and sausage for breakfast. We opened our gifts with the kids first. Edwin surprised us all and got us a Wii. It's lots of fun to play. Then later Erika, Hector, and the kids came over and they opened there gifts. Later in the day we headed down to mom's for our family gathering. Bella and I drove seperately. Before we got to mom's we went to visit Daddy's grave. Just about the whole way I was fighting back tears but finally just gave in at the grave site. This season was definitely harder then Thanksgiving was. Got to mom's and we all cried some more. But as my good friend Joanne said it's a good thing to cry. Mom made ham for sandwhiches and we had salads and snack foods buffet style and we munched through out the day. Later in the day we exchanged our $5.00 gifts.
Our family friends Lizzie and Naomi came over as well as later in the day my Uncle Glenn and Aunt Fannie and Jerry and Dawn and there family came over as well. One big happy family. In the pictures you will see mom crying. I gave her some old pictures of Daddy that I had gotten framed for her as well as I had the only family photo of us that we know of when us kids were little restored. The picture turned out great. We all had a good day together. But it definitely wasn't the same without Daddy.
Christmas 07 Lapp

No comments: