Sunday, February 18, 2007

go fast turn left!!!!



That's right it's time for NASCAR! Now don't roll your eyes. Nascar is a great sport and lots of fun to watch. I did indeed grow up with racing. My dad every year used to pack up the family along with some other friends and head down to the Rockingham 500 race in North Carolina. That track is no longer on the circuit now. Today is the big race the Daytona 500. We have our picks in and we are ready to roll. Picks what is that you wonder? Us and 5 other couples have been part of a Nascar pool where you pick who you think will win in 5 categories. At the end of the season whoever has the most driver points wins a free meal at the resturant of there choice. It's always lots of fun hanging with our Nascar buddies. Something that is funny to me is after Edwin and I pick our "picks" and we're watching a race and a guy does good we are always asking each other "did we pick him" Well this year I printed out our picks and I'm taping them beside the t.v. See even in our senior moments I have some good ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your Nascar picks Carol! But don't forget to come to church at 6 PM! Isn't that strange? It's been a very relaxing and lazy day. Jack and I were up til 2 am since we started a game of Scrabble at 11 pm.(He beat me by 4 points) I'm glad we don't have church at 6 pm too often. Gina

Carol said...

Yes mamm we'll be there. You sure were night owls last night. Must have been a rousing game. Hope you were a good loser. If we had church at night I don't think I would make it most the time. I suppose one could try to get used to it if needed.