Wednesday, February 21, 2007

6 days

After 6 days off of work I finally had to go again today. We had two days off for snow and then Bella was sick on Friday I stayed home with her. Then it was the weekend two more days off and after that was Presidents Day we already off for that and then Monday night Rico developed a cold and a fever so I was off Tuesday as well.
So the grand total was 6 days. It was nice to have those days off. I was quickly reminded how it used to feel to not work outside the home. While it was great to be at home all the same temptations were there waiting for me. I had to push myself to do something while home. So yes I did clean the house and get the wash done. But guess that doesn't last long as ya all know. Always more wash and cleaning do be done.

In other news Brianna now has contacts. It was a real struggle for her to learn how to get them in and take them out the first couple of days. It was so frustrating for me to watch her. Being a veteran myself of wearing contacts I just wanted to grab the darn contacts and stick them in for her. But she wasn't having any of that. But I believe she is definately getting the hang of it now. Good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! contacts! I remember when I first tried putting them in. I remember being frustrated that they kept sliding on my fingertip! I think I had too much solution on the contact! It did take some getting used too and now I would never go back to glasses!

Perservere Brianna! There is nothing too small that God cannot help with! He is aware of all of our cares and troubles and he's willing to help us when we ask him!

Anonymous said...

I told you that Brianna is growing
up! I remember too when I got contacts. They were the hard ones. I had to start by wearing them an hour a day and I would just sit in our living room and bawl the whole time.
Many years later I got soft ones. What an upgrade! You said you wanted to grab those darn contacts from Brianna. I would have said DANG contacts (Ha). You sure make me laugh when you write things. Love ya
Carol