Saturday, February 16, 2008

We got a puppy!

Yes, we have an addition to our family. Her name is Gracie. She is part Corgi and part not sure. Edwin and I picked her up yesterday and brought her home to the unknowing kids. We kept it a surprise for them. Bella is already in love with her and Rico is tolerating her which is a step in the right direction for him. Bri is away overnight so she will be surprised when she comes home and Noah hasn't seen her yet he came home late and is still sleeping. Gracie did well last night sleeping in her crate and she's been sleeping in it today with the gate open for her to go in and out when she chooses. She's really cute and hopefully the 3rd will be the charm. We had two other dogs over the years and they didn't work out the best for us.

5 comments:

LauraJoy said...

Carol, I'm so glad you posted pix! After you told me yesterday that you guys got a puppy I wanted to check your blog in case there were pix. And you are such a good blogger, you had them up already. Gracie is ADORABLE! Seriously what a sweet little dog. I hope she works out for you guys too. I'm sure she'll be part of the family in no time...if she's not already! Enjoy! :)
~Laura Joy

Steph B. said...

Gracie is so cute!!!!! My dog's name is also Gracie but she is an Aussie!!!

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Oh my, if cute were everything, I would want one just like her! But as we all know, there is more to a dog than cute. But I am very happy for you. I love the name. How big will she get? I didn't know you could get a dog that looks so much like a toy! Puppies have to be one of the cutest things on earth. Rico doesn't have an interest in animals at all, or just not dogs?? How does he tolerate her? Do you think she will win him over? See you Wed. night. Gina

Carol said...

Rico says he loves Gracie and I think he does. But he does not like it when he's eating and she's out of her crate so we put her in her crate when he's eating. But he likes to walk her and likes to go outside with us to take Gracie potty.

Lisa said...

congratulations on your new addition!!! so cute!!