Wednesday, August 22, 2007

makeup review...........


The last time I bought mascara I bought Revlon 3D Extreme. My rating is a C-
Not worth the money or effort. No 3D effect here on my eyes that's for sure.

Yesterday I bought Loreal Volume Shocking Mascara. I only used it once mind you. But I think it is a really great mascara. It's a two part system. One side has a white primer that you apply first and then you flip it over and apply the actual mascara. The white side has a really great fluffy brush. And the mascara side has a brush like a comb. I really like how when you pull out the brush it really takes off the excess mascara. It made my lashes look longer. For now I will give this mascara a B+. This grade might go higher as I use it more. I'll let you know.

I bought lipstick as well. In recent months I've gotten away from wearing lipstick and just have been wearing lip balm or a gloss. But lipstick is making a come back.
And let me tell you girls lipstick pulls your whole look together. Anyway I bought Revlon Renewist. This lipstick has a really nice feel too it. I do not like to feel like I have lipstick on. This Renewist glides on and feels light. It's a matte look but not to matte where your lips look dehydrated. This lipstick has a moisture core in the middle of it that definitely hydrates. I give this lipstick a B+.

5 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

You will not believe this - well maybe you will, it's not that far fetched - but I was just thinking not too long ago that Carol has not reviewed any makeup in awhile and I need some mascara. Low and behold! Here is a review for mascara just when I need it again! I got the other stuff you mentioned way back in December when you last gave us a review. Maybe we'll be treated to more reviews by Geoff soon too.

Carol Landis said...

Hey you makeup queen. I was just in need of mascara also just like Gina.
And what do you know the Miranda Experience is blogging on things to help us look beautiful! Must be the Lord. Thanks for the tips.

Geoff and Karla said...

Hey Carol,
Geoff finally fixed my laptop and I can see and comment on your blog. Yeah!!!!
I just read some of your blogs since July and my heart was touched. God is so good.
Tuning in
Karla

Julie Garner said...

In case I didn't say this before, I LOVE your make-up recommendations. Not only is it a good read, I go back and reference it when I'm looking for something new...like, this is my second time refreshing my memory on your lipstick advice! Thanks for the great pointers!

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

there you go with your make up again! haha
Bella