Monday, June 25, 2007

vacation............

Hello friends! Welcome to my new private blog.
This past week we were on vacation. Our annual vacation to the mountains with my whole family and a few friends that are like family. About 20 in all.
We had a nice relaxing time as usual. Weather was good all though a little chilly at times but that felt good. We did the usual things swimming, fishing, walks, eat, badmitton, campfires, eat, deer spotting, play cards, eat, shop, tell stories, watch for bears, read, made soft pretzels, paint balling, sleep, and did I say eat? Edwin, and Colin saw a bear but the rest did not. We saw a porcuppine up in a tree that was cool, saw some deer and of course the cute little chip monks. Saw a snake the one day at the swimming hole as well as that ugly spider in the video. Did you see all the tad poles in the video? I have never seen so many tad poles in my life. There was hundreds maybe in thousands.
The frogs were definately busy. Jerry took his cycle and was kind to let the men that knew how to ride take it out for a cruise. Edwin took me out for a ride it was nice. Rico loves riding he laughs when he's on the cycle. There is a paint ball place not to far from the cabin that the guys like to go to and shoot each other. Hey they are boys! And they also went into the woods at the cabin to play as well. So until it rains you will see splashes of pink, orange and green on many a tree in the woods. Thanks to mom and dad for providing a cheap and very fun vacation for us since before I was married. It's been more then 20 years that we have been going to my dad's hunting cabin (not really his part owner along with many others).
But now we are back so let the summer vacation officially begin. Already I here the kids behind causing a rukus and getting on each others nerves including mine. =) It's always a challenge to keep these kids occupied over the summer. Alright that's all for now. I can't concentrate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol!
Glad to have you back!! :) Your annual vacation is such a blessing; it reminds of all the "good old day" memories people like to share, but don't actually do anymore. I'm thankful that there are families out there continuing those "good old days" memories!! :)

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Amen to what Danielle said. About the good old days and about having you back. Love, Gina

Irene said...

Hey girlfriend! Thanks for the "invite" without me having to ask! Your flower boxes are looking so pretty. I smile every morning when I see them on my way to work. (I don't come home that way - it's too conjested)

Irene

Unknown said...

Has it been 20 years?? WOW!!!! Time flies. It's always great being around the family. I don't think you mentioned the eating part:)
You do a great job on your blog. It's fun and interesting to read!
Love ya!