Wednesday, April 02, 2008

a peek............

Okay well I thought I'd give you a little peek into my morning routine for a change. This morning I got up at 5:30 and got a shower. 6:00 went downstairs and started making breakfast. Pancakes for Rico and eggs for the girls. During the hour from 6-7 is probably the most trying time of my day. Sin is usually flying none stop through out the morning. Whether it's my girls not getting along or me being inpatient and angry that the girls aren't getting along, me trying to hurry up my one daughter who daily pushes the envelope on not getting ready on time. Me yelling for the girls to hurry up and get downstairs the bus is coming up the hill. It's very rarely that our mornings go well. God is definitely using that time to point out all my weaknesses and the areas we need to grow as a family. Honestly at times it can feel overwhelming and hopeless that we are ever going to grow in our patience and obedience. The very thing I'm asking my kids to grow in is exactly what I need to grow in. What a circle. Many times I take my eyes off of God and only think about everything I'm doing wrong instead of keeping my eyes on Jesus and all that he accomplished for me and the hope I have in Him for grace to change. So if you think of me during the hours between 6 & 7a.m. please throw up a prayer for me you can rest assured I most definitely am needing it.

1 comment:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

I do remember those days! What trying times those are. Not that I don't still have similar scenarios, but not with the early morning bus - getting out the door- thing any more. Just other things where I am correcting my child for the very thing for which I am so guilty! Knowing Christ has died for my sin inspires me to try to mortify my sin, yet I often do fail so miserably. I'll try to remember you in the morning.
Love, Gina