Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the mind...........

It's very interesting how the mind works. Thoughts come flying in and out all the time. It's not fun when the thoughts are not glorfying to the Lord but on the other hand when thoughts come that do point us to God well that's a good thing. This morning I had a nice thought. This oldie but goodie of a song just popped into my head while I was cleaning up the kithchen this morning.

As the deer pants for the water so my soul longs after you
You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship you.

I want my hearts desire to be as this song states.

2 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

It is always good when a God glorifying song gets stuck in my head for the day.

Gina

PS: That hair pulled back on top in a pony tail with the end tucked back around did not work out so well but it gave me a good hearty laugh. It stuck STRAIGHT out. Maybe for a non straightened hair day or if it grows longer before I get fed up and get it cut.

Unknown said...

So interesting.....just the other day that very song popped into my head, too. It's been a long time since I sang that song......maybe we should sing it more often? Maybe it's one of the Lord's favorites?!
Cynthia