Tuesday, April 24, 2007

beautiful day........


So many days I drive through County Park to get to the many places that take me in that direction. I always think how nice it would be to walk through the park it's a beautiful place. Today I finally got to do that. Edwin and I and the youngest kids walked a nice two mile jaunt. I know it was 2 miles cause I had my handy dandy pedometer on me. It was just lovely. We saw 2 different times deer cross in front of us. The trees are all starting to bud and it won't be long to the leaves burst forth.
I also washed off my porch. Edwin brought out our lounge chair. So look for me if you go by you might see me there. And of course you can always stop in for a visit.
The first week of May I'll be going with the ladies in my family flower shopping. It's an all day affair. My mom takes her big van with a trailer on the back. Last year we had to come back to my mom's three times to unload the trailer. That's a lot of flowers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love flowers. Can't wait to buy some annuals since my tulips, daffodils and hyacinths are on their last legs. It is so nice that you can go with your mom and family.

My mom is sick this week and for her to even admit that she is sick means she is really sick. Please pray for her (and anyone else reading this, please pray too).

Love, Gina

LauraJoy said...

YAY! Flowers! I am jealous b/c I have no where to plant flowers at my house. But I love to look at other people's flowers :)
Oh, and I love going thru county park. It's SO pretty this time of year...and in the fall too. You have inspired me...I may have to make time to get over there and take some pictures sometime very soon!
And Gina, if you're reading...I am praying for your mom.
~LC

Anonymous said...

Laura, if you want space to plant flowers, we'll gladly "donate" a spot for you here! :) And if you ever miss the experience of weeding, by all means, we're just the place for you! :)