Monday, October 08, 2007

Daddy..........

 

 

My dad went home to be with his Lord and Savior on Oct. 3, 2007 at 1:35a.m. My dad had hip replacement surgery on Monday the 1st. He came through the surgery fine. Rico and I went to see him the afternoon of the following day and he seemed okay not his normal joking self but that was understandable after an operation. We visited for a bit and then I had to go pick up Bri. Later that night around 10:30 we got a call from my sister saying her and mom were on the way to the hospital cause they had called and said daddy wasn't doing well. Till we got in there Daddy's condition was very grave.
It wasn't long before I heard them calling "code blue" to his room. What a surreal thing. The doctors think Daddy suffered a heart attack. We haven't got official word of that yet though. It is the most unusual thing to lose someone you love so much to have them with you one day and then the next be gone from this earth. I take comfort in knowing that my dad very much wanted to go "home" to be with Jesus. He had been ready for awhile now. My dad had a life full of physical pain. He had had eighteen operations in his life time and this was his fifth hip replacement. I'm glad Daddy is where he wanted to be. And even more then that I'm so glad he had a personal relationship with Jesus. I love you Daddy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Geoff and Karla said...

Carol,
You are blessed with a dear family. You can see that you enjoy being together. It was very comfortable to be around you and your family. You welcomed us and brought us into your home. Even in your grief your family opened themselves to others. I was struck by the number of people, mostly family, that came to your parent's home. It shows you have a very close supportive family.
Praying for you as you get back to your daily routine.
Karla

Unknown said...

praying for you and your family in this time...

Julie Garner said...

I sit here reading this with tears in my eyes, remembering the last moments with my own father...knowing all too well the surreal-ness of which you speak. Losing someone you love is so hard--no matter how few or how many wonderful years you've had with them. And yet there is a conflict that rages within us, because they truly are "home" in the place that we too long to be one day. How can we be sad about that fact?

I hope that you have felt the nearness of the Lord during this time of loss, Carol. Thanks for sharing this piece of your heart and a look into the life of your dad. I still miss my dad. The longer it goes the more I have to realize, I can't convince myself he's just away on a vacation and I'll see him again soon. Although I will see him again one day, it doesn't change the moments here on earth where I sense the void.

God bless you, Carol!
Julie