Sunday, October 29, 2006

Singing


I homeschooled my oldest daughter through to graduation. I homeschooled my oldest son, Noah till 5th grade then entered him in public school. (Tall guy right end of pic) When he was picking classes I really encouraged him well actually I guess I told him I wanted him to take chorus. He wasn't much into it at all. But I remember how much I enjoyed being in chorus and I thought he would eventually like it too. And I was right. After his first year with chorus he signed up again again and again and now he is a senior not only is he in chorus but he's also part of HEX which is a men's singing group, and he is in Madrigals as well. Last year was the first time he tried out for County and District chorus and made them both. Once again this year he tried out for County and District chorus and made them both again. It has been a great joy to me to see his love for singing develop. Another joy is he's also part of the youth worship team at our church. I love that he is following in my footsteps. There is nothing better and God honoring then being a worshiper of God. It's what we were created for.