Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Walking

Hey all.  I had my blood word done last week and then this past week I had my check up at the doc.  He was pleased with all my numbers for my cholesterol and I was too.  Total cholesterol is 180.  My good cholesterol is 53 which is up 13 points in to the good number now last time he wasn't pleased with that number and the only thing that I did different was I started taking Carlson's fish oil.  I stared taking it because my sister Janie's doctor told her to start taking it for her heart problems.  So I'm going to keep taking it.  My sugar is still climbing.  Blah!
That was my only bad report.  But it's a big one.  He was going to put me on more meds but I said can we hold off I said I wanted to start walking and see if that makes a difference.  So he said okay and I will go back in 3 months to have it checked again.  So I'm trying not to eat late at night and walk and see what that does and try to eat better doing the day. 
Rico got new glasses he looks very nice in them.  Found out for the last year his perscription for his glasses was all wrong.  Found this out cause I went to a new doctor.  I had a feeling something wasn't right so I initiated going somewhere else. Turns out I was right.  He has a bad stigmatision in his one eye.  So he has bifocals now.  Also in October he is scheduled to have an outpatient surgery to correct his eyes from turning in.  The doctor said that should help in a lot in normal life.  Right now only his one eye is focusing at a time they aren't working together.  I'm glad for my new doctor. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great news on your good cholesterol numbers. You just inspired me to get out tonight yet for my walk.

We are keeping Camden and halle Weaver for 4 days which has been great except my excercise is out the window. (The walk pulling the wagon and chasing her on the jungle gym at the park don't count.) =)

Sorry to hear your sugar is climbing. I like your idea of walking instead of going on meds. You won't regret that. But, walk we must (me too) Come on girlfriend, you can do it. The trick is to do it long enough (consistently) to learn to like it.

I am looking forward to seeing Rico's new glasses. Does he like them? And use them? So glad for you all that you went to the new doctor. God is faithfully guiding you.

love, Joanne

cynthia haughery said...

I agree with Joanne.....learning to LIKE walking and doing it consistently are the goal. I got to the point where I really missed it if I couldn't walk.

I'm so proud of you for not just taking more meds!! You CAN DO THIS. It's totally within your reach. And DO IT NOW WHILE YOU CAN.

You're doing great. Keep it up!
Cynthia

Carol said...

Rico does seem to tolerate his new glasses. I see him looking around more then he did which is really good.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Wow! Good job on the cholesterol. I always dread having mine checked. Where will you walk? And I'm thankful that you found out about Rico's glasses. It will be nice to see how it will make a difference.