Monday, November 05, 2007

solo..........

Sunday night Nov. 4th, was one of those nights that was just kind of magical. Noah had his first Choral concert since being in college.
The concert was held at the St. James Episcopalian Church. Beautiful church. My older sister was debating on whether or not to come to the concert she had been away for the weekend and was tired so she asked if Noah was soloing at all. I said no so that kind of made up her mind not to come. No problem so just Edwin and I and the kids head to the church.
If you've ever been to that church you know that you sit in these box type seats about 6 people can fit in a box. It's pretty cool. Anyway the concert was very good the singing was excellent. The ladies group sang the mens group sang the whole chorus sang. During the time when the whole choir was singing it was time for a song that had a solo in it for a baritone. The guy who was supposed to sing the part could not sing it that night do to a voice problem at the last minute. The choir director is saying all this to us all. Then he says so he's going to ask someone else to sing it on a whim. He wasn't sure who he was going to ask and he said that's what makes it exciting. So he's just kind of looking around at his students and then he says Noah would you like to sing the solo. And Noah boldly says "yes". Edwin and I looked at each and smiled in surprise. We didn't have time to get nervous for Noah. Noah sang the solo beautifully. It was the best I have heard him sing yet. I did record it with my camera. But it doesn't do it justice you would have had to have been there. After Noah was done singing the audience was very enthusiastic in there applause and the choir director said some very kind things about Noah. It was just a really beautiful moment. A wonderful blessing for Noah and for us.

Check the video out here.
2007-11-04 Noah's solo

13 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

What a blessing indeed. Noah is amazing that he would have just been able to jump right into that with no warning. How did he know the words and all? I guess the director wouldn't have picked him if he didn't. What an honor. I haven't heard it yet, since the computer I'm on tonight doesn't have sound, but I'm sure it is wonderful.

Geoff and Karla said...

COOL! This is great. I got goosebumps at the end. Way to go Noah!!!
Geoff

Unknown said...

No I didn't get goosebumps.. I cried! How beautiful! You and Edwin must be so proud! Thank you God for the wonderful blessings of parenthood!
Phyllis

Connie said...

WOW! How beautiful! And to be able to sing it without any notice. He has a wonderful voice which I'm sure sounds even better live. What a talent. Carol you are so blessed with your children.
Love ya

Jack and Gina Plain said...

I finally got to hear it. Incredible. And to think that you said this really doesn't do it justice. If there is another concert where he sings a solo, please let us know.

Gina

Carol Landis said...

I heard Noah's video on the Crossway website. I can't believe that was Noah. It was really really really really well done. That boy of yours knows how to sing. What a talent God has given him. I'll call you about
Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Love Ya

Steph B. said...

That was amazing!!!! It make me miss singing in a choir like that.... :) God has given him a special talent :) I know you are proud :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol,
I think I finally got your blog site figured out! Noah sounds wonderful ( at least the parts that our computer will allow me to view and hear - it keeps cutting out? )! What was the name of the song again? Anyway, Noah sounded really good!
Way to go Noah!
TTFN,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Ok now why did my comment need to be under anonymous I thought my name would appear ? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!
Dawn

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!!! I listened to it and wow...

I was going to mention something about blog slacking, but I don't know how you could follow up after this one. :)

LauraJoy said...

Ok girlie. Now I know this is a tough post to follow. I mean seriously the boy can SING!
But I also know you're a fun girl with a fun fam. Certainly after a month you must have SOME sort of update! :)
Luv ya,
Laura Joy

Adalie Plain said...

Amen to what Laura said. Gina

Jack and Gina Plain said...

whoops, that was me, not Adalie, obviously. Gina, again.