Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lampeter Fair..........

Tonight was the opening night for the Lampeter Fair. I still feel like a newbie at this fair. I never went to it growing up. I only went to the New Holland Fair. But I've been going to the Lampeter Fair since my kids have been in school. It's a great fair for sure. Edwin and I and the kids headed over to the fair. Actually Bri and Bella were supposed to be in the parade but the weather put a nix on that so they didn't get to march. But the weather cleared and we stayed for the night. Right away when we got there we all split up. The girls went one way, Edwin and Rico went another and I was on my own. Ya see I wanted to take my time and look at all the things people entered especially the harvest stuff. I was looking at the soybeans, tobacco and the hay as well as the pumpkins and the rabbits and so on and on. I really enjoy also looking at the vegetables that were entered. I really am a country girl. Things that have to do with farming just really appeal to me. I ran into Edwin and Rico a little later and we all went to check out the cow situation. Cows have beautiful eyes. Then I caught up with two of my super d duper friends, Gina and Carol. We all sat and watched the fair queen competion. The competition got to long and we called it a night before we say the crowning. We'll probably head back over to the fair again Thursday cause the girls didn't get there fill yet and we didn't eat anything from the fair yet either. We got to at least get fries or something. So head on over to the fair it's where good memories are made and where you can get lots of freebies.

5 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Thanks for the great description. I was so happy to find you and Carol. I thought I'd be the only one there by myself, but even when I was, it was fun, and I ran out of time to look at all the things. At the very end, Adalie said she still wanted to go get a funnel cake. I thought it was too late but we went anyway, and sure enough, they were cleaning up and it looked hopeless. Then we spied one sitting there all alone..we asked if it was too late and they said, "You can just HAVE this one if you want it." It tasted even better being free! Sort of cancelled out the calories.
What a great fair it is. Not so crazy about the huge hunks of mud on our van though. Ha.

Steph B. said...

Gabe was telling me about the fairs up in PA and how different they are from the ones in WV. But we didn't get to make it to the fair when we came up this past weekend.

Julie Garner said...

Carol,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. As I am reading your blog about the fair I realize how quickly life can change...from carefree moments with cows and veggies to a loss too great for words. We are praying for you and for your whole family.

Love you!
Julie

Teresa said...

Carol,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I heard a song on the radio today that made me think of you - "I Can Only Imagine." I don't know who sings it, but I'm sure you've heard it. What a comfort it is to know that your Dad is in Heaven. (I wish I could have asked him to find my Dad and give him a hug for me.) :-)
Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.
Love ya,
~Teresa

LauraJoy said...

Carol Joy-
I wanted to express my sympathies as well. I'm praying for you as your grieve the loss of your dad and rejoicing with you as you rest in the knowledge that he has seen the Savior face to face.
luv ya girl,
Laura Joy