Friday, August 29, 2008

tomato bombs.......



So last night Erika and her son Elijah stopped over. Erika and I were chatting and then Erika glanced into the kitchen and then walked into the kitchen and she kind of yelled out in horror. I quickly walked over almost afraid to look at what was going on. Elijah was squatting on top of the table beside an almost empty basket of tomatoes. There was splattered tomatoes all over the floor. Rico was out there too just kind of standing off to the side. Of course we asked Elijah what in the world was going on. He kind of blamed Rico and when we asked Rico what happened he pointed to Elijah.
Needless to say something happened and it's a pretty good bet it was the both of them. But it's beyond me that either one of them would have done that. It really is out of character. For some reason tomatoes started flying. We got it all cleaned up and life goes on. But this memory will make me shake my head for awhile in disbelief.

6 comments:

Geoff and Karla said...

I bet they really enjoyed seeing those tomatoes smash the floor. I told my kids about Rico's birthday and they enjoyed hearing about what he enjoyed for his birthday. Did you hear about McCain's pick for running mate? She is the governor of Alaska and a mother of five (20 years to 4 months) and her 4 month old boy has Downs. Wow! So in her free time she will be a running mate for McCain. And I think my life can be busy at times.
Talk to you later,
Karla

Carol said...

I didn't know the youngest had Downs. It will be interesting learning about this lady.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That's a riot......now that it's cleaned up!

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Unbelievable!! I wish I could have seen that!

Anonymous said...

...the worst part is all those yummy tomatoes wasted! You'll have good laughs about that someday.
Joanne

Carol Landis said...

Now that is funny!! But I'm glad it
happened in your house and not mine.
And I'm glad you had to clean it up
and not me.

Carol