Saturday, March 19, 2011

a little r&r

Just got back from a little time away at a ladies only care group retreat.  Our care group (the sensenigs) and the Minich care group got together Friday to Saturday at a beautiful cabin in the mountains.  We played games, made candles, had an extended quiet time, and ate.  A big thank you to Sue and Karla for taking such good care of us while we were there.  It was so good to connect with ladies I haven't got to talk with for a while and also to meet two wonderful ladies Krista and Kate.  It did my heart good to have some time away with a great group of ladies.  As we shared around the dinner table what God had spoke to us or what had been a highlight for each lady while there it was so good to hear of God's great grace revealed to each woman there.  I wish I had pictures to share but I forgot my camera. 

3 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

It WAS good to get away with the gals, wasn't it? Not long enough and yet just long enough (always good to get back to the hubby). Thanks for letting me use your phone to stay connected with Jack.

karla Sensenig said...

Glad you enjoyed your time away. I am so glad we did it. I remember thinking last fall that I was to just to do it. I didn't really know what we should do but that we should just put it on the schedule and see what happens. It really was a refreshing time for me as well.
This is Karla, by the way

cynthia haughery said...

SO FUN! I'm so glad to hear you guys did this!
Cynthia